Students are expected to
dress in an appropriate way for school. Any form of dress or appearance
that is distractive or detrimental to an appropriate learning
environment will not be permitted and students may be sent home to
change. The following guidelines prevail:
- Clothing with the following prints may NOT be worn:
- alcoholic beverages, drugs or related products
- obscene, offensive or inappropriate language
- Pajamas or slippers may not be worn.
- Sunglasses and chains are not to be worn in the building.
- Heavy, over-sized coats such as but not limited to, stadium and starter jackets, should be in the student's locker during school hours.
- Hoodies are permitted, but are not to be worn on a student's head at any time while in the building.
- Tank tops, halter tops, short skirts and
short-shorts are not permitted. Garments will be measured using a three
inch index card above the knee cap and must be level with or below the
card. Leggings under short skirts or shorts does not make those garments
- Hats, caps, 'do-rags', scarves and hoods are NOT to be worn in the building at any time.
- During gym glass, students are required to dress in gym shorts and shirts from home or from school. Students MAY NOT wear the same clothes they wore to school in gym class.
- Students are not allowed to dress in costume for Halloween.